The weather, she's a-changing. She's a-changing today!!!
Okay, that's not really a song. I just made that up. But it's true. The weather has finally turned. After a long, long winter (ski resorts open until July? was that really necessary?), the world's wettest summer, and a hot, hot September, autumn has made it's way to Utah. YAY!
This is my favorite time of year. Between September and the first week of January, I get to experience many of my favorites:
- Favorite weather (I'm done with snow by about January 3)
- Favorite foliage colors
- Favorite foods available (can you say Farmer's Markets with fresh veggies and a whole slue of fruit varieties? and eating stuff that you've grown yourself? what's better than that?)
- Favorite holidays (yes, these include Labor Day, Columbus Day, and Veteran's Day)
- Favorite music (I know I'm weird, but I could listen to most Christmas music all year, not all Christmas music, just most of it)
- Favorite husband's birthday
See what I mean? It's just a good time to be on the earth. I even liked starting school when I was a kid. Yes, yes, I am that weird. I miss college. Some day, I'm going back for my Master's; it will happen. I've seen it.
Mr. Perfect and I are not that much into decorations when it comes to holidays, except Christmas, but a festive wreath on the door is a nice touch.
I know it doesn't show up so well against the color of the door, but you can believe me when I say that it's really nice and fall-ish.
It was well past time to replace the Welcome mat at the front door. (Shopko has them on sale right now for 1/2 off.)
And I know that everyone is on pins and needles waiting to hear how the unexpected pumpkin patch turned out.
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Including two HUGE ones, perfectly shaped.
We leave them in the garage so the neighborhood kids will not be tempted into the sin of smashing them in the street. Can't you just see these all decked out for Halloween? Then the smashing can begin.
Thank you, Heavenly Father! You have given us a beautiful place to live.