Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving has come and gone...

...and I've been a slacker (at least as far as blogging goes) and didn't write anything on Thanksgiving about how grateful I am for everyone and everything. blah blah blah. Okay, so that's sounds just too snarky. I really am grateful for everyone in my life (or at least trying to be grateful for them) and I am truly grateful for everything Heavenly Father has given me. More than anyone else knows, I know that He blesses me every day, and I'm not sure why. Here are just a few of the things that show me Heavenly Father knows and loves me:
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Better relationships with the kids
  • The rental dishwasher getting fixed without parts and not needing to be replaced
  • Leading me to my keys/wallet/Bluetooth/phone/whatever-I've-misplaced-this-time (anyone who has watched me freak out over this stuff knows exactly what I'm talking about here)
  • Great extended family on both sides. Huge kudos to the Merrill family, who love me and treat me amazingly. Bigger kudos to the Parker family, who didn't have a choice about me being in their family, but have elected to not kill me anyway.
  • The ability to trip and not fall or die. Seriously, I am the world's clumsiest person.
  • Near misses almost every time I get on the freeway (you'd think that my car was an invisible color instead of silver)
  • Did I mention Mr. Perfect? Oh, I did, didn't I. Sorry, but he's so great that he gets two mentions.
I was also finally able to make Little Big Sis happy and get my turkey out of her freezer. We had Thanksgiving dinner with Mom & Dad M, and we supplied the bird. Crazy Old Bird stuffed and cooked it (delicious!).


Before filling our bellies, we called Lawyer-in-the-Works who wasn't able to come home for Thanksgiving (ah, the joys of being a first-year law student -- grrrr!). It was wonderful to talk to her, and she'll be home for three weeks for Christmas. Yay!!!

Game Boy was also on hand for dinner. Poor thing. He had two full Thanksgiving meals, but was a real trooper and ate with us like he hadn't just finished one with his mom's family.


After dinner, we went for a walk before dessert. And how cute is Little Artist in her borrowed coat? I know, right?


For dessert, I made an apple pie with Swiss cheese in the crust. It tasted great, but browned a little too much. Next time, must adjust baking time.


And we love this picture of Dad M in his chair. He's proof that rest is for the righteous.


Once the festivities were done, Game Boy, Mr. Perfect, and Most Happy Girl took in Wreck-It Ralph. Great flick. You can tell that Disney and Pixar are really starting to blend their studios. Even though it was released under the Disney label without the Pixar bouncing lamp, half of the production team is from Pixar, and it shows.

It was a very good day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Random labels

30-day challenge 9-11 about me acapella accidents amazing America Anamaniacs animals animation anniversaries April Fool's Day Arizona art astronomy babies baking ballet ballooning baseball beaches Beatles Beethoven Belgium birthdays blogging boat ride Book of Mormon reading books bread cabin California camp camping canning car carrots castles Cedar City changes children chocolate bunnies Christmas church civics clouds college construction contests cookies cooking coyote gulch daily prompt daisies date night dealing with youth death December Despicable Me dining disater preparedness discovery Disney Disney World Disneyland dog Drama Queen ducks Easter education Elder Bednar empty-nesting engagements Escalante extended family fall family vacations fashion Father's Day FHE fishing flowers food foreign freedom friends frustration Game Boy gardening General Conference genius children giveaway glasses gospel truths government graduations Grand Canyon grief hair Halloween Handel happiness health hiking Hilary Weeks holiday holidays home decor home improvements honors hospitals HTML classes humor illness injuries iPod Isle of Mull Jim Tomlinson July 4th jury duty just for fun kids' stuff Lagoon Lawyer-in-the-Family Lawyer-in-the-Works leaves Life of Christ light lights London love love love Mac Man in Plays Manito Gardens memorial Memorial Day Messiah minions missions MJ Structural Engineers morning Most Happy Girl Mother's Day mothers mountains movies moving Mr. Director Mr. Perfect Muppets music nature New Beginnings normal life O.K.Go ocean opera outdoors patriotic Percy and Harry photography piano piano guys pie pink pirates plants playing with Photoshop politics poppies portraits Psycho Wunderhund pumpkins quote of the day reading red remembering resting roller skating roses RSE San Antonio school Scotland seasons Shakespeare shopping singing skies smoke in the air Sondre Lerche space Spokane spring Stacey Kent standing stones Star Wars storms sun sunrise Super Teacher Woman SUU symphony teaching technology television Temple Square temples Thanksgiving theatre toddlers travel trees uinta mountains University of Utah USF Utah Utah Jazz Utah Symphony Valentines Day Veggie Tales voting Wasatch Front water weather web design wedding weddings wordless wednesday work world trade center writing yard work Young Womens Youth Conference YouTube YW camp